Tuesday, September 2, 2014

What Is Going on with Me!

Killer Nashville August 2014

by Jackie King

Killer Nashville rocks! I highly recommend this mystery con for mystery writers or for any writer who needs an excuse for a fun trip. The conference was scheduled over the weekend, August 22 through 24. T.D. Hart, my traveling buddy, aka Jennifer Adolph, and I left on the Wednesday, August 20. We went early to attend the Sister’s in Crime workshop on Thursday afternoon, which was titled: DOING TIME WITH SinC: GREAT BEGINNINGS. We brought the beginning of our current WIP, up to 200 words.


Hank Phillippi Ryan with T.D. Hart (Jennifer Adolph)
 The presenters were Laura DiSilverio, (president of SinC), Catriona McPherson, Cathy Pickens and Hank Phillipi Ryan.

The president read our copy, which felt a bit like taking your clothes off in public and letting everyone critique your body. In other words, it took courage. But wow! Did we ever get some great tips. As soon as I came home I immediately rewrote my beginning. What I learned was well worth the cost of an extra night at the Omni Hotel (First 5-star hotel I’ve ever stayed in.)

Killer Cozy Panel

I was on the KILLER COZY panel at 10:00 on Friday morning. Panelists: Jennie Bentley/Jenna Bennet, Kay Elam (panel leader), Caroline Fardig and Nancy Parra.

MWA Party-Killer Nashville 2014



Book one in Grace Cassidy Series



Book Two of the Grace Cassidy Series



REVIEW AND GIVE AWAY FOR "THE CORPSE WHO WALKED IN THE DOOR"

CLICK HERE TO ENTER





2 comments:

Shirley said...


The Nashville trip seems to have been a good thing for you. Happy to see you excited.

Jackie King said...

Hi Shirley,
Thanks for stopping by. For sure I'm revved up!
Best Wishes,
Jackie