Saturday, March 19, 2011

Therapy for Cozy Addicts

I was an addict by age seven and it was all my school-teacher’s mother’s fault. The gift she brought me from the State Teacher’s Meeting looked innocent enough, a Bobbsey Twin mystery, “The Secret at the Seashore,” but one taste of that book and I was forever enslaved. As soon as I devoured one story, I had to have another. I finished the “Bobbsey Twins series” and almost panicked. Then an older girl whispered to me about something even stronger—something called Nancy Drew. For awhile I found relief in these teen stories, but soon they weren’t strong enough. An addict will find her fix somehow and I stumbled onto The Murder of Roger Ackroyd and I started mainlining Agatha Christie. I was a goner. Nothing would stop the craving except another book and then another book. So I wonder…are there any other souls in cyberland who would like to join my therapy group?

I’ll be the one to start, “My name is Jackie, and I’m a Cozy Addict…”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new blog, Jackie! Can't wait to read and view more. All the best, Anne K. Albert

Jackie King said...

Exciting times are coming to COZY MYSTERIES AND OTHER MADNESS! Beginning the week of May 23, 2011, I will feature a different mystery author each week! Mark your calendar and check back! These women can WRITE!
Jackie